Full songwriting template in the style of Underoath. Mix-Ready drums, rock solid bass tone, rhythm guitars and additional layers.
- Cubase 8 and above (Elements, Artist and Pro)
- Studio One 5 and above
- Logic Pro X
- Ableton Live 11
Can be added on request:
- FL Studio
This template includes:
- Mix-Ready drums (MixWave 'Underoath' kit with Multi-Out routing and additional processing)
- Custom Mix-Ready Drum Map for easy drum programming
- Rhythm, Quad, and Lead guitar tones
- Plugin chains for real bass guitar and MIDI bass
- In-depth processing with stock and free plugins (Basic version) or Slate Digital plugins (Slate version)
- Mastering plugin chain for glue, punch and commercial loudness
- The DI tracks and whole arrangement of the Underoath song "In Regards To Myself" of their album Define the Great Line - so you can listen to the individual elements of the mix and analyse how they add up to the finished mix. These DI tracks were recorded and provided by the amazing Steve Almon.
MixWave is killing it with their recent releases of drum sample libraries! I was so stoked when I heard of their Aaron Gillespie - Underoath drum sample library. Playing around a while, I knew: This thing rips!! It's not a huge setup, but the tones are remarkable.
I didn't like the built-in processing too much - so I deactivated it and used the raw tones to craft my own drum mix - which I am really happy with! I created a Multi-Out routing but and I used the built-in plugins of Kontakt 7 to bring out the best of these drums. Now this kit works for everything from rock or post-rock, pop punk to hardcore, metalcore and genres alike.
You can use a real bass guitar or VSTi bass in this template. The processing is done with the free TSE BOD 3.00 plugin and the Growler amp sim. I prepared the tracks so that you can instantly start recording your bass or write the bass midi.
The guitar sounds are created with the Neural DSP: Archetype Nolly amp simulation. But instead of using the built-in cabs amd IRs, you will get 2 Mix-Ready custom IRs that work extremely well with the Nolly amp sim. I used the free STL NadIR plugin to load these IRs.
Speed up your workflow with this Mix-Ready songwriting template!
- Kontakt 7 Player (free) or Full Version
MixWave Underoath - Aaron Gillespie drum sample library
Neural DSP: Archetype Nolly
- Stock Plugins of your DAW
- TSE BOD v3.0.0 (free)
- The Growler bass amp (free)
- STL NadIR (free)
- TDR Nova EQ (free)
- BusterSE compressor (free)*
*not needed for the Logic Pro X version
- Rhythm guitars: Fender Jazzmaster with Fender single coils (bridge pickup)
- Clean guitar: Fender Jazzmaster with Fender single coils (middle pickup)
- Bass guitar: Dingwall NG-3 (bridge pickup, passive mode with no EQ)
I am available for customizations of any of my templates. If you like the setup of a Mix-Ready template, but you want to use other plugins (other drums, other amp sims, other mixing plugins...) then send me an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org