Finally! A complete songwriting template in the style of Periphery and their album "Periphery V: Djent Is Not a Genre".
- Cubase 8 and above (Elements, Artist and Pro)
- Studio One 5 and above
- Logic Pro X
- Ableton Live 11
- FL Studio 20
This template includes:
- Mix-Ready drums (GGD PV Matt Halpern Signature library with Multi-Out routing and individual processing)
- Custom Mix-Ready Drum Map for easy drum programming
- Consistent low-end with a Mix-Ready plugin chain for real bass guitar (in the realm of Nollys bass tone)
- Crushing rhythm guitar tones using Neural DSP Nolly + custom IRs
- Lead guitar tones for ambience and texture
- Pristine solo guitar tone that sits well above the rhythm guitars
- In-depth processing with a variety of plugins (different versions included - please check the plugin list)
- Mastering plugin chain for glue, punch and commercial loudness
- Additional FX track with impacts
- Also included the DI tracks and arrangement of the song "Wildfire" by Periphery - so you can listen to the individual elements of the mix and analyse how they add up to the finished mix.
Yes! The GetGood Drums eternals have answered our prayers for a new drum sample library: it's the GGD PV Matt Halpern Signature kit! 🎉 I had to grab it immediately and quickly realised that this is one of their best drum libraries yet.
Once I had the original PV drum samples at my finger tips, I knew that I had to do a full songwriting template in the style of Periphery. I created this full mix of the song "Wildfire" with the help of my friend João Medeiros. He covered this song on his YouTube channel and allowed me to use the drum midi and DI tracks.
The GGD PV kit has multi-out routing to the DAW and you will find individual plugins on the tracks to bring out more punch and polish. There is parallel compression and bus processing so it all sums up to the well known, modern Periphery drum sound.
You can use a real bass guitar in this template. João recorded a very clean bass DI track and I went for a consistent but gnarly bass sound. The star of this bass sound is the free Growler bass amp sim. You need to check it out if you haven't already.
I paired the incredible Neural DSP: Archetype Nolly amp sim with a custom Impulse Response (Mesa 4x12) for the iconic djent rhythm tone. The wet lead guitar tones blend nicely with the mix, creating a depth and ambience while the solo guitar tone sits nicely above the other guitars.
Speed up your workflow with this Mix-Ready songwriting template!
- Kontakt 7 Player or full version (update 7.5.2 or higher)
GetGood Drums PV Matt Halpern Signature Pack
- Neural DSP: Archetype Nolly
- Drumforge DF-Comp
The Growler bass amp (free)
- TDR Nova EQ (free)
- GClip clipping plugin (free)*
- BusterSE (free)
- Valhalla Supermassive (free)
- Slate Digital plugins: Virtual Mix Rack, FG-Grey, Verbsuite Classics
- FabFilter Saturn 2, Pro-L and Pro-Q3
- Flatline Clipper
* GClip is not needed for the Logic Pro X version and Ableton version.
I am available for customizations of any of my templates. If you like the setup of a Mix-Ready template, but you want to use other plugins (other drums, other amp sims, other mixing plugins...) then please send me an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org :)